The center embroidery piece was something I worked for a long time a year or so ago with no purpose in mind, so I decided to make use of it. The bright threads represent the good memories that are being lost and covered by the black netting; fading, but still there underneath the AD plaques and tangles.
Some of the Good Things:
- B.E.'s visit
- my pretty oil cloth arrived (love it)
- two visits with my SIL
- looking forward to Max's 5th birthday, and Fee has his Spiderman bike in the truck
- Fee replaced the latch handle on the back door with a round knob (which prevents Lucy from hanging on the latch and opening the door, letting the Triad outside)
- finished the third AAQI quilt
- organized some of the fabric that had gotten spread out all over
- got a new journal that I really like (the last one went from Oct. 2008-July 2011; I have several different journals, but I buy big artist sketchbooks for the daily journal)
- got the beds cleaned out and pine straw put in; big improvement in appearance
- I love the color in this portulaca
- The cheerful oil cloth brightens my mood. The new journal and reading material are covering it up; should have straightened things before taking the picture.
- What have you been up to this week? What projects have you begun or been thinking about?