I applied the binding for the second AAQI quilt yesterday. Now, I've finished two. I'm feeling more confident that I can get a few more done before mailing them in August.
The house was a left-over block from a previous project. Like Debra, I save, salvage, and re-use. There is a certain kind of reward in being able to find a place for those experimental and left-over scraps and pieces.
When I found the house block, I remembered how many times when visiting Laddie, different people would wander up to me and ask me to take them home. I would try to change the subject, which sometimes worked, but not always. They didn't even know where "home" was, but it was a place of safety, of familiarity, a place where they were comfortable and loved. So I wanted to depict "home" as a welcoming place with cheerful colors and flowers.
I have a few more things to do before we leave. Fee has been out of town for a couple of days, and we will leave as soon as he gets back.