Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Decorations for a Patriotic Party

Amelia and Emily have decorated for a Patriotic party that they will be hosting on Memorial Day!  I guess this is a mock-up and that there may be some changes.   The decorations will be great for Memorial Day or a  Fourth of July get together.
More pictures here.

I asked Amelia to think about a post that discusses some of her basics in decorating for a party.  Amelia has accumulated items (like the flags she bought for Chris' homecoming from Baghdad, and items she finds at Dollar Tree that can work for any party).  There are a lot of basics that everyone has, but that will work for a variety of parties.

This kind of imagination also requires having a "coordinating eye"--the ability to see individual items combined to create a whole.  She has "the eye" and instinctively sees how items can be used for different themes.

Her friend Emily does all of the printables, and the two of them work well together.  I love the little flag bunting over the pie.
-----------
 Theo now has a shirt with bead buttons and a quilted vest and a locket.  I ordered some lockets from Manto Fev a while back and the size is perfect for Theo.  The chain was a broken piece I had in my stash of stuff from who knows where.

 I did get to the library and the grocery store yesterday, but by the time I got home, I was worn-out.  I'm recovering, but not yet feeling quite up to par.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!