Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bryce Eleanor Goes Home

Amelia and Chris came to get Bryce Eleanor yesterday afternoon, and it was a pretty happy reunion!
While I'm happy to have a little time to myself, I will miss Prissy Britches.
We went through a lot of tissues in the last few days.

While she played with buttons, I made a little cat for her.  Since she likes tiny things, Figaro is less than 6 inches tall.   She enjoyed telling me the colors to paint him, but when he was done, she pretty much ignored him.  The but-tons, beads, and sequins were much more entertaining.  
I want to share a good mystery/crime novel with you --  Mercy by Jussi Adler-Olsen.   I stayed up 'til 1:00 AM because I couldn't put it down.   Reviewed here.  I really liked the characters in this one.


Have been working on my little steam punk girl.  Her name is Theo.  (My neighbor's name is Theo.  She doesn't like it, but I love it!)
 The above picture is where I left off a while back.  I was using an old flower "frog" to hold her head as I worked on it.  If only the frog had a center hole, I'd have used it as her upper body, but there was no way to center the head.  Still, it worked great to hold her still while I worked on her face.

Now, I'm working on her body.  Muslin with clay hands.  Then I'll have to see how she develops.

This weekend:  B.E.'s recital, a wedding in Alexandria.  Fee will go to the wedding.  I'll stay home and go to the recital.

Upcoming:  Mila's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!