Friday, February 18, 2011

Switching from St. V to St. P

  I found the cutest St. Pat printables at Blooming Homestead and swapped the Valentine subway art for St. Pat's.  Check them out, I've printed out 3 so far!

The frame was a little wooden frame from Michael's (about $1).  I painted it and glued on one of my muslin and lace flowers for Valentine's, then switched to the St. Pat printable and changed the flower.  The flower is just a bit of ruffled cloth that was pinned to my design board--just wrapped it into to shape and glued it together, added a Dorset button, then added it to the frame.
Printable from Blooming Homestead.

Ho Tai now has a shamrock offering to replace his Valentine flowers.



















 The vintage hankies are meant to evoke the thoughts of Irish lace and linen.

   I'm continuing to discover things that will work for St. Pat's and working on little vignettes and crafty items.  Working on an Irish-themed doll, but she has been frustrating me.

Linking to:  Whipperberry and  At the Picket Fence.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Shamrocks and the lace. I guess this means my birthday is closer than I'd like to think since it's a few days before St. Paddy's Day...I was going to try to skip it this year =-/

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!