Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sign of the Times

(via Richard Wiseman's blog)

An amusing way to issue warnings!  I love them both.

Yesterday afternoon, I made fabric flowers and yo yo's while catching up on a couple of NCIS episodes I'd recorded.  Not sure what I'll do with them yet.  Also took pictures of the garland I made Monday.  I stenciled "LUCK" on the center flags.

Using the bottle opener Max and Mila gave me for Christmas, I'm making an Irish lass who loves her Guinness.  (Don't you just love gifts that are so perfectly you?  My grandkids picked out the very best this year!) She won't stay bald; she will (eventually) get some hair.  The bottle opener was originally a freebie from a New Orleans Life Insurance Co. 

Now, I guess I'd better get back to book reviews.  Still have to review The Film Club by David Gilmour;The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall; Tutankhamun: The Book of Shadows by Nick Drake; The Death Instinct by Jed Rubenfeld; The Sherlockian by Graham Moore; and A Lonely Death by Charles Todd.  I read them, but kept putting off reviewing them, so I have to catch up. 

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I love that second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenclair, you are so creative! I love the banner and the fabric flowers! Can't wait to see the bottle opener complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sherri! The banner was so easy and used up some greens. I was planning to do a fabric strip wreath, but got side tracked into adding the strips around the little flags.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!