Wednesday, October 13, 2010

B. E. Day

Bryce Eleanor arrived in a brilliant mood yesterday.  Fee said she chattered all the way.  I was upstairs in my studio when they arrived and heard her calling "Jenny Claire!"  Down the stairs in a rush to meet her half way in a big hug.

We went to the park,  a lovely playground of sand and slides.  B.E. was a bit disappointed that there were no swings, but enjoyed herself anyway.  Only problem?   Leaving.  I wish I'd taken my camera, but I forgot it.  Next time, for sure.
This morning, up and cheerful.  Milk and fruit for breakfast, scolding Edgar for sniffing her orange, discovering and trying on Laddie's hat (which has been on the newel post ever since we moved in and to which she has never before paid any attention), reading the telephone book.

It was a happy/sad feeling to see her wearing Laddie's hat; I miss him, and he would have so loved getting to know his great-grandchildren.  He did meet Mila and Max, but Alzheimer's had already diminished his appreciation.
Off to see John David.  John David is the key to getting her dressed in the morning.  Ask if she wants to go see him, and she begins to pull off her pajamas and get ready right away.  She and her Granddaddy are quite a pair.  Yesterday at the park, a little girl asked him if he was a "grandfather"--I could see the smile inside before it ever reached his face.

Amelia and Niece Katie have been working to get Niece Megan's engagement party details completed for the To Do this weekend at the camp.  It should be a bang-up affair, and I'm so eager to see all of the decorations the talented duo have put together.

And to see Erin, Mila, and Max!  Max is becoming quite the soccer star.  If only his mother would send me some pictures!

Also, my best friend is supposed to be here this weekend.  

Oh, I can hardly wait!

Except...I have several things I need to get busy on...like, uh, cleaning the house.  Suzie has never seen the new house, and at the very least, I'd like it to be clean.  Now that B.E. has had her weekly visit, I can get busy cleaning fingerprints from fridge and windows, putting away books and toys, vacuuming, mopping, etc.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!