Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ebeneezer Bleezer

The evolution of a poem by Jack Prelusky, to a song by Natalie Merchant, to my own little version of the very strange concoctions of Ebeneezer Bleezer.

I didn't take pictures of the papier mache over foil basic armature.
I'd already begun adding paper clay in this pic.
Hadn't gotten to the legs yet, though.
Some details added.
He's coming along.


8-31 painting in process
 Next step...his coat.
The inspiration came when I heard Natalie Merchant's new CD, Leave Your Sleep.  I mentioned it in a previous post; if you'd like to hear Natalie Merchant sing a portion of Prelusky's poem, here is the link.  I love it! It makes me smile every time I hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating process! I love seeing your artworks in progress. And I must say they are truly wonderful.But my favorite pics...those grandchildren et al at play. Sure reminds me to let my inner child out and enjoy the fun..no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. I love playing with my crafty dolls, my grandkids, and the Triad. All of them make laugh and as you say, "let my inner child out"!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!