Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pitiful Pearl

Yesterday was not a good day.  Didn't feel well all day.  I did write and schedule several book reviews for the book blog, but that was about all.  I finally gave up on getting anything done and settled in to read for a while; that wasn't entirely successful, either.  Took a long nap.  Read a little more.  Went to bed.

Better today, but not exactly perky.  "Enjoying the benefits of ill health" as the saying goes.  Today, I feel well enough to do a few things, but not energetic enough to do what I should be doing:  laundry, vacuuming, etc.  Balance the checkbook?  No.  Nothing that involves strenuous activity of mind or body.

Well enough to read and drink a cuppa green tea (or several).  Yes.  Maybe watch some of my latest Netflix acquisitions and do some embroidery. Yes.  I think I can manage those items quite nicely.  Yesterday, I was unable to enjoy the benefits of ill health; today I can.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Reading, drinking tea, and watching netflix...sounds like the perfect day to me...=-) But, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful cure!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debby - Indulgent, utterly indulgent!

    Judy - Oh, yes. Just the way to heal. And not feel guilty about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest if you must. The vaccuuming can wait. Believe me. Mine's been waiting a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy. Tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra - The vacuuming is still waiting! :)

    Francoise - Ah, yes. I'm feeling much better today! And today is the first day of September, fall is on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!