Monday, June 28, 2010

Tiki Takedown

Fee and I attended our first Roller Derby competition in Jackson, Ms this weekend.  It was a lot of fun.  Erin (#14) got to play in her first bout and had a blast!
Mila and Max had a great time cheering their Mommy!  The Red Sticks defeated Jackson's Magnolia Roller Vixens, so we all were excited and happy.
Fee and I took the kids swimming in the hotel pool Sunday morning.  Max is a real water baby!

Mila didn't have floaties and stayed closer to the steps.
 As much as Erin enjoyed her Roller Derby experience, I know she was a bit anxious for preparing for court today.  Her Derby name is Liv Freaky, but I think it should have been Freaky Attorney!

Both teams were having a great time, and the atmosphere among both teams and and their fans was friendly and light-hearted (for the most part!).  I would love to try Roller Derby, it looked like so much fun, but I'm too old to risk broken bones.

Amelia and Bryce Eleanor got home Saturday afternoon from their little vacation.  So here it is Monday morning, and everyone is back to work and normal life. 

4 comments:

  1. OhMyGosh! We 5 went to our first roller derby on Sunday! It was fun! How weird...the synchronicity that's been happening in my life is astounding these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It looked like such fun, didn't it? Nothing like my image of Roller Derby from years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin looks positively radiant and it's contagious just viewing the images. I too harbor Roller Derby fantasies but am past the age where it seems viable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Yes, I'm reduced to dreaming about participating while knowing I'm wiser to limit myself to being a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!