Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some Things I Enjoy

 I've been enjoying Mini Quilt Month over at Whip Up.  Some absolutely fantastic little quilts.  Today is day 20:  improv letters.  Adorable! 
  A quilt to cherish for a father undergoing chemo over at Naptime Quilter.  I love the memories that have been sewn into this quilt, and it is so bright and cheerful!

Isn't this an interesting article?  An Adventure every week for Kimberly Hula--every thing from running a half marathon to reading her poetry in a public forum to making strawberry and champagne cupcakes.


I love what she says about what she plans for future years:

In subsequent years, I'm going to change the theme slightly. For 2011, I'm thinking maybe 52 Random Acts of Kindness, and I want 2012 to be 52 Ways to Say "I Love You." We put a lot of derogatory weight on a given year. I'd much rather say, "This year of my life was spent in adventure," "This year was spent relaying love."
If you missed the Quilting Glossary by the Bitchy Stitcher, be sure to drop over and check it out.  I chuckle even when I think about some of her definitions.  

Here is one of my favorites:

Miter – The cool hat you get to wear when you are elected Bishop of Quilters. No, really. There’s a ceremony every year in the Fat Quarter during Mardi Gras
(the Fat Quarter is also in the glossary) 

The above links are the reason I spend way-too-much time online!  :) 

One more thing:  I'm loving watching the cardinals taunt the Triad!  They come right up to trees, bushes, and chairs next to the various windows where the cats hang out and watch the cats!  It drives the Triad crazy and makes Fee howl with laughter. 

The cardinals in our old house were the most cautious of birds, and we didn't even have cats then.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my father's quilt. It really is a special project all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl - It is a beautiful quilt and a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!