Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sitting in the Catbird Seat...

"The catbird seat" is an idiomatic phrase used to describe an enviable position, often in terms of having the upper hand or greater advantage in all types of dealings among parties." Wikipedia
The little cat was supposed to be a companion to the first doll I started (and still haven't finished), but when I made this little chair with the owl (yes, that IS my approximation of an owl--and my approximation of a cat--and my approximation of a chair, for that matter!), I just sat the cat on the chair.

Even if the phrase is referring to an actual bird called the catbird (same family as the mockingbird),  I think the expression suits most cats who usually find themselves in the pre-eminent positions in their households.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!