Sunday, January 11, 2009

Languishing

I've been a bit under-the-weather lately. Cold or sinus. If I'm not much better by tomorrow morning, it will be off to the doctor to see if there are any wonder drugs to be administered. Amelia has been sick, too, but much worse.

As a result, I missed the trip to Baton Rouge to see Erin and the kids, and Fee went by himself. Damn. Great timing. Mila had planned a trip to the planetarium for us, and I had looked forward to it.

The Creative Every Day challenge has gone down hill, although I've done a little embroidery each day. I read a lot between naps yesterday--wonder if that counts. Last night I watched more of The House of Eliott and beaded and embroidered half-heartedly. I've tried to ration this series out because I love it so much, but I'm on the last season.


My Renaissance Mind self-challenge is coming along well. I'm reviewing the books I'm reading for my self-challenge on my book blog, but the research into the Franklin Expedition just gets more and more interesting. The off-shoot on 19th century spiritualism looks to be a curious and compelling digression. Who would have thought the Fox sisters would be connected to arctic exploration.

8 comments:

  1. I believe 'incubation' time absolutely counts in the creative process!

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comments at my blog. I was ill for several weeks, but my creativity is just expressed differently then. I agree with the previous comment about the "incubation" time counting. I also make sure to have a little sketch book on hand to jot down ideas or doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon ,,,
    my favorite the house of Eliott

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cold crap is getting old! I am never the same when sick so don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you start to feel better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim - :) I like "incubation" as an explanation!

    Regina - I did do a lot of jotting, but energy was lacking from that point. :/

    Emmy - The House of Eliot is such a pleasure! Aren't the clothes wonderful?

    Debra - Hope you are feeling better! I know you've been enduring the "cold crap," too.

    Karoda - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too many bugs going around...hope the one visiting you hits the road soon!

    I love when one activity wanders off into an interesting digression as your 19th century explorations are doing....I imagine the fox sisters have been the inspiration of characters in some historical fiction .

    healing vibes to you and yours...sounds as if you've been plenty creative - little bits count!!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!