I decided to take the other route to the same effect and give my blog preferences-- things I like about blogs I visit. I know the word is simply a matter of semantics, and my list is no more than my personal opinion, my favorite features or options on various blogs--and certainly of little weight to anyone other than myself.
I Like Blogs With
- with light backgrounds - easier to read and pictures seem to look better
- that are neutral in background - some colors are less attractive to various readers
- beautiful headers - can't help but be attracted by a lovely header (note to self - try to get the courage to work on header again after last disastrous episode)
- that are not too cluttered (note to self - eliminate some of the labels! I have WAY too many and am actually working on that.)
- that let you select music if you want it...we don't all like the same music and being forced to listen to something I'm not in the mood for (even if I like it) can cause me to click right out of there, so those blogs that have music but give you a choice of whether or not to listen are very courteous
- blogs with pictures that load quickly..I visit too many blogs to wait for the pictures to load and appreciate those who make sure the pics load quickly
- blogs with a lot of posts on a page...I like just scrolling down much better than having to go to "older posts" after only a few entries
What are some of the things YOU like about blogs you visit?