How many of you are fans of the series Lost? Why? What involves you in the series?
I didn't begin watching until the writer's strike, but became completely enthralled and have just finished watching Season One via Netflix. I love the characters, the mythology, and the smart undertones and complex connections.
Thanks to Stephanie of Confessions of a Book-a-holic, I've discovered a reading challenge that involves reading some of the books that the characters have been seen reading or that have been mentioned or quoted. I've read quite a few of them in the past, but intend to participate and choose some of the books listed that I've not read before.
You can read about the challenge over at My Friend Amy.
Here are the rules of the Challenge:
1) Check out this site, and this site and compile a list of 5 books and upwards that you want to read to complete this challenge. (If you know another book mentioned on the show or relating to the show, you can defend your choice in your post) Update: If you have not finished watching the show, please use this list, so as not to be spoiled!
2) Write a post on your blog announcing your intention to participate in the challenge, list the books you want to read, and invite your readers to do the same. Then come back here and add a direct link to your post to Mr. Linky. (not a general link to your url)
3) You are absolutely welcome to cross books from this challenge with books in other challenges.
4) You must complete the challenge by December 31st, 2008.
5) There will be prizes raffled for those who complete the challenge, I just haven't figured out what yet!
6) If you are not a blogger, you can email me your plan to participate and I'll make a post for you right here on my blog...see? I love you too!
Periodically, I'll host another Mr. Linky so you can record your progress and any insights you've learned about the show.
Another link: The Lost Home Page