A couple of hours before going to yoga yesterday, I decided to make a yoga bag.
1) what size? I decided about 17.25 by 29 inches would be good
2) what style? at first, I thought about the kind with an opening in the end, but later changed my mind (more on that later)
3) what fabric would be appropriate? I like the blue Asian print-- a nice and sturdy fabric 4) did I have enough of it left to work? Yep! A couple of other fabrics had been discarded because, although I liked them, there wasn't enough. I decided to line the bag with black, so there was plenty of the print.
5) cut the rectangles out of print, backing, and batting - decided to use the (oh, so soft) bamboo batting that feels almost silky. Made the quilt sandwich.
6) some simple outline quiltingOf course, I didn't get it done in time for last night's class because I started so late, but when I got home I worked on it for a while and
7) made a narrow binding for side openings
8) pinned binding
8) made circles (with Timtex) for ends of bag (or "baggins" :p)
I intended to work on it this morning, but so far that hasn't happened. I do hope to finish it today, but there is no real reason to do so because my next class isn't until Monday. Oh yeah, I'm going to have company this weekend--I really should finish, straighten up the sewing room, and maybe think of a project that Mila and I could make together.
Any ideas for project ideas for an almost 5 year old? I've been waiting for her to get interested in sewing, and she finally has, so I'd like to do something simple and fun...