Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Some Favorites

Here is a quilt that I love. And another one. They are so cheerful. (From Crazy Mom Quilts)


Daily Thing: O.K. I was playing with the embellisher, and this is all that I could manage. I finally just gave up and decided not to waste any more time on it.

I'm glad this challenge is almost over because I 'm finding it to be more and more of a chore. On the other hand, participating in the challenge has been good for me, forcing me to get in the sewing room each day. Not that the daily things had to be sewing or textile related....

I must clean up and put away some stuff in order to make it through the next couple of days. My cutting table is piled high with material that I've pulled out, contemplated, and then discarded (read - swept to the side, not folded and replaced).

Yoga was no easier tonight. Whew!

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your yoga reports. I did yoga about 30 years ago and loved it. Then, recently I tried the cobra as part of an exercise plan called The Core Program, and couldn't lift myself at all. Grrr. I THINK I'm pretty fit, and then something like that happens-- Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this little piece but it looks like trees growing in water...or maybe a flood...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - I had no idea how hard some of these poses could be. Thank goodness, for mountain and corpse poses!

    Karoda - I started not to post it because I dislike it so much, but I couldn't force myself to make anything else. It was interesting how the embellisher took some of the synthetic fabrics and made them hard and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts were yummy cute.
    Thing-a-day did get me to the studio, now if I can just make 'showing up' a habit I might get more done.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!