Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Links and blah, blah, blah

Via Rebecca's Pocket: this great list of 50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years, a partial list in no particular order.

Kitchen/cooking tips

How is your vocabulary? Freerice.org is a great fun for testing your vocabulary. I played this last year and have found it posted on several blogs again this year. My average is usually 48, but have on rare occasions gotten to the 50.

I'm reading Outlander for the first time and have been enthralled. A huge 600+ page tome, but what fun. I'm now officially a Gabaldon fan and happy to know that there is more, much more where this comes from.

Yesterday, I spent much of the day making a pattern for diaper covers (and a prototype). Still don't know if they will fit baby Bryce, and the pattern still needs tweaking. Or I could stop by Joanne's and find a pattern. These look fine, but we will see. Today, among other things, I plan to make take another onesie and make it matchy, match.

7 comments:

  1. You will love the entire Outlander series. I just finished up the 4th book and they just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter used cloth diapers so for Mia, I made some diaper covers. It was more work than I wanted so I bought some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. babies are the best to sew for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra - Gabaldon's writing makes everything feel real. I'm looking forward to more!

    Gerrie -- These are just the kind that fit over the diapers, like little bloomers, and if I'd had a pattern, it would not have been difficult. Still, I'm not sure even with a pattern it wouldn't be better to buy them!

    jude -- I agree--babies are a lot of fun to sew for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Outlander. It could really carry me away. I enjoyed the vocabulary page. Didn't score as well as I thought I would, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got lost in the links - nice diversion, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rian -- I finished Outlander and loved it. It really does carry you away!

    Kim -- Links work very well when you have nothing to say!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!