It's here! The embellisher came in yesterday, and Fee picked it up for me. He didn't get home until around 8:30, and I really didn't have time to even set it up and experiment (partly because he was hovering and I couldn't concentrate). He was so excited and wanted to see how it worked, and I wanted quiet-- and time to read the instructions and figure things out by talking to myself. :)
No time today or even this weekend to really get acquainted with my new toy as Erin and her family are coming in, have to visit Laddie, Amelia's shower is tomorrow, a cookout scheduled for Raft Bayou (to celebrate getting the concrete laid!), plans to have all the kids and grandkids get hand prints in the concrete, and all the stuff that goes along with the above.
Here is what I've been working on lately (new attempt to spend at least an hour a day doing something in sewing room - making or cleaning and organizing). I've seen these pencil rolls on line and figured they couldn't be too hard to make, so I made a pattern (really, just a series of measurements) and tried one in muslin. Discovered some mistakes or ways to improve, then made another, the one with the leaf button. More ways to improve, and so a third using the fabrics I used in Mila's apron (tied a little too snuggly in the photo) a couple of years ago. Measurements were based on size of scraps for this one, and I made piping for the top of the little pencil slots. Still more ways to improve or change; will try more when I have time. The one for Mila has a place for her scissors.
I used a tip for the piping that I found somewhere and that worked well for me. When enclosing the piping, use some fusible, then iron close to cording. Avoids the first stitching and you sew it right into your project.