Yesterday, I took a look at all of the WIP projects on my design wall (and folded and stuffed in various places).
I'd begun a productive period right before Laddie went into the hospital in May, but those pieces were first neglected, then forgotten. Yesterday, as I looked at all of those abandoned pieces, I decided to do something. A series on some of my garden flowers had resulted in a piece based on my pink bee balm (the garden began with only red, but when transplanted, ended up with red in the original spot, and pink and white in transplanted spot) and one of a purple coneflower. Originally, they were going to be joined by others and put into a larger piece; however, I needed something immediate, so I plucked the bee balm from the wall and made a quilt sandwich.
Last night, I put on my latest Netflix, a BBC production of Look to the Lady (based on Margery Allingham's novels) and proceeded to do some hand work while thoroughly enjoying the English country side and the 1920's mystery.
This, at the very least, gets me started on something. Then I will look at the coneflower, the iris (not part of the same series), the crane, the trees, etc.
Oh, and a while back I finally put the binding on the baby quilt. It has been washed twice, but I didn't try to straighten it up, so that will be next. For some reason, the colors on this are always wrong. Always different, always wrong. At least the two washings have left it in the soft and homely (as in comfort) shape I like.