1. I was a gymnast when I was young, and my joints remind me every day.
2. Licorice is a guilty secret. Love it, but only once in a great while will I indulge in those love black twists.
3. My last pair of toe shoes, battered and worn, are still in a box in my closet.
4. I made a 9 patch quilt for my granddaughter's first birthday. It was something I had always wanted to do, and I'm still proud of that quilt. Mila will be 4 this month, and both she and quilting have delighted me for these past 3 years.
5. Since July of last year, I've only been to Tai Chi a handful of times. I miss it and don't have the discipline to really practice without having class. If I'm going to class, I will practice, but without that incentive, I'm too lazy.
6. In connection to Tai Chi, I may be the only grandmother among you with a saber and a straight sword. Love my weapons!
7. My favorite city is Edinburgh, and I hope to attend the Fringe Festival there once more before I am too old and decrepit to enjoy it!
I'm to tag 7 more people, but remember, this is just for fun, if you've already done it or don't feel like doing it...s'okay!
kimy at Mouse Medicine
debby at ...pieces, too...
deborah at Knit Story
marie at zquilts
acey at Sparkling Lotus Land
deb at DebGeyer Quilts
jules at Jules Notes
Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day! Mine was excellent -- call from Erin (talked to Mila and listened to Max who was playing near by), wonderful meal with Amelia and Chris at Kon Tiki, several Mimosas, and Fee mowed the yard and edged for me! Since it was nearly 90 and the humidity so high, that was a greatly appreciated gesture!
Here is a picture of my mother in Hot Springs, Ark. , 1946. I miss her.
Then in 1954 with me and my topsy/turvy doll and my brother and his ubiquitous cowboy hat and boots. I think he wore these every day until he was about 8! I was 6 and Steve was 4 in 1954.