Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

I've enjoyed reading where all of you fall in the personality types! (see post below) It is really enlightening to be able to connect blog personalities and acronyms.

Today, I've managed to avoid going out in the cold and have got the binding on the taple topper (ready for hand sewing), played around with some other ideas, straightened up my sewing room a bit (looking for an item I've yet to find...but I will, eventually), packed up some crocheted hats for Annieelf and destined for children in Afghanistan, now it is about time to read a bit more in Maximum City: Bombay Lost and Found which I've talked about some here. Ignoring the cold world, as I make myself comfortable with a cup of hot tea and a good book.

The hats I'm sending to Annieelf are not wool because in our climate "wool days" are few, but there are 14 or 15 hats that last year I was working on with the idea of donating them to hospitals for pediatric chemo patients. Somehow all of them ended up in a big shopping bag and forgotten about. Still they should be of some benefit in keeping little heads warmer. Annie got the idea after reading about Frida's visit to an Afghan orphanage where she was expecting 30 children and found 300. As usual, my discovery was a circuitous route beginning with ART TEA LIFE.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, and I just love Fridas blog too! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen. I'll be on the lookout for that box of lovely goodies. Thank you. I noticed your book list at your other blog and have to ask. Have you read, The Bookseller of Kabul? I discovered it a couple of weeks ago at Borders and it is one of the most outstanding books I've ever read. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ulla - Isn't it strange what you can discover on the web? From one site to another...

    Annie - The package will be delayed, as I stayed home during the icey weather on Wed., but I took it to the post office first thing Thursday morning. :)

    Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't read The Bookseller of Kabul, but have read some good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!