Saturday, November 04, 2006

On blogging, tips, and "Alice's Restaurant"

Lately, I have not had much to say. Since I can usually go on and on about nothing, this inner silence had been frustrating when I want to blog. Well, not silence really, because my mind is always buzzing, but nothing that I'd bother blogging about.

Ironically, Delta has signed up for Nablopomo (National Blog Posting Month) and is trying to blog every day. I usually blog every day, but am suddenly having trouble.

ANYWAY, (I guess I'm getting back into the swing since I'm rambling) Delta has an excellent post on "non" tools for quilting. Take a minute and read her post, she has some good ideas. I'd never even heard of Reynolds Wrap Release non-stick foil.

Here is Rhonda's Alice's Restaurant quilt that I was lucky enough to get in the first quilt swap. Sadly, I have not been involved with any of the following swaps, but looking at this quilt never fails to cheer me up.

I love tips. If you have any you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting link.

    I can't blog every day. The days I work, it's almost impossible. I like reading yours almost daily though. Even when you don't feel like you have much to say, you always have something interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I wonder how the tone of my own blog will change when I blog every day just for the sake of blogging. It seems strange not blogging with a mission to teach or share some specific thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb - I could never blog every day if I were still working. I don't always have anything to say, really, but I can usually find something to share.

    Rissa - You have so many skills, it is hard to imagine that you'd run out of things to teach or explain, but it will be interesting to see how the tone of your blog changes with blogging every day.

    Hmmm...I just noticed that the time on this comment says 7:11 and it is 9:11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice's Restaurant...it's a song not a place :>) There is an Alice's Restaurant (a place) just south of Austin, Texas, in Niederwald where they have music every night. Arlo has played there!

    I enjoy your blog...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sioux - The original restaurant was not named "Alice's Restaurant" - it may have been in Massachusetts, I'm not sure. But in the song, he says that Alice lived in the church next door, I think. I'd love to visit the one in Texas when Arlo is playing!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!