Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Musings

K.K. and Jonathan's wedding was beautiful. They were married in St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral, so the setting could hardly have been more grand or any lovelier. K.K. looked beautiful, as did all of the bridesmaids, and of course, the groom and groomsmen were all handsome. The theme was black and white, and all of the bridesmaids wore black dresses, but each was different. I liked the variety and the fact that no one was stuck with a totally unsuitable style. Amelia was a bridesmaid so Chris sat with us.


Fee and I had different activities most of the day, but tonight we watched Capote, and he made something that was not quite jambalaya and not quite gumbo, but full of chicken and sausage and entirely delicious! A very low-key anniversary, but then, there have been so many of them, and we used last night as an excuse to celebrate.


I've spent an hour or so catching up with emails and blog comments on both blogs and still need to catch up on blog reading, but I'm going to go settle in for some reading time. I have my books-in-progress, my library books, and an Amazon order (although some are children's books). Two more Amazon orders on the way and one of them contains a quilting book - Diane Hire's Quilter's Playtime: Games with Fabric!

6 comments:

  1. JenClair, I just tore myself away from "Comfort Me With Apples" (it's not that long a read; I just haven't picked it up in a couple of weeks) to come turn off the computer. I read your post and saw your Amazon goodies. You will be happy to read "Tender at the Bone." Tonight I find myself trying to remember parts of it, as CMWA is a continuation of Ruth' life. She's a compelling personality, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    A black and wedding seems like a great theme. Then the bridesmaids would be able to reuse their dresses. I am going to have to look for that Diane Hire book.
    Hope you enjoy your reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Ann, I'm eager to get to Tender at the Bone, and then on to Comfort Me with Apples. Such great titles!

    Shelina, I think the idea of "really" being able to use your dress again is a great idea. The black and white was very effective, very dignified, and the flowers provided punches of colors.

    Can't wait to get the Diane Hire book. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOnest to Pete ! I am reading both Thirteenth Tale (because I just got it and was greedy to start) and had already started Tender at the Bone ! NO KIDDING. It is next to the bed. So you can imagine how surprised I was here to see your stack ! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes been wanting to ready Comfort Me with Apples for a long long time !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crabapple - :) - We certainly have a common thread in books (and bats)!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!