Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Monster Family



Mila wants to be Queen of the Monsters when she grows up. What can I say? Do you sense the Halloween influence at work here? Since I found the idea an engaging one, I sketched, then embroidered my version of her goal. I used some diluted acrylic paint and lots of coffee to age it, then a Pigma micron pen for the "Queen of the Monsters." Think a mat and frame should finish this fun project. When I showed it to Miss Mila while I was working on it, she thought it was her family: Papa, Mama, Mila, and Max.

Now, I've got to make myself finish that last Halloween quilt which for various reasons has failed to call me to work on it.

4 comments:

  1. Jen, that is sooo cute!! And yes, a frame, and that will be a treasure for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a cute little monster family there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun!!! You are bucking for grandma of the year award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Angie! I got a shadow box from Michael's (50% off, couldn't even use the coupon) which has worked pretty well.

    Shelina, I didn't intend for it to be a family, but Mila placed everyone so quickly!

    ACey, it was fun...but I'm to limited in my skills for that award!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!