Kim over at Quilting Peach has had several posts about her approaching quilt retreat. Her first. Never having been on a quilting retreat myself , I found her questions about what to take very interesting.
How many of you have been on quilting retreats? I would love to do this one day (especially if I could meet some of my online quilting community) and am calling on your collective wisdom and experience.
- What do you usually take with you? What would you consider absolutely essential and what would be nice to have if you have room?
- How far do you travel?
- What are typical accommodations?
- Who sponsors the retreats you attend?
- How long do they typically last?
- What is a kind of overview of a typical retreat? Or your favorite retreat? (activities, time, number of people, etc.)
- What kind of experiences have you had? Difficulties? Pleasures? Surprises?
- How useful have retreats been to you? How? Why?
- Do you attend alone or with a friend?
- Do you have any Retreat Tips?
I would really appreciate hearing about your experiences. If you decide to post about this, please leave me a link so I can visit and glean information. :)