In yesterday's comments, Jane Ann mentioned her banner...doesn't it look great? Especially with the old patterns framed underneath.
For the last two days, Blogger has refused to add pictures. BAD BLOGGER!
Deborah sent me this by email, but when I visited her blog, she has it posted there with her answers. Here are her instructions:
Participate with me on this. This is what you are supposed to do, and try not to be LAME and spoil the fun! Just give in and do it. Copy, not forward, this entire e-mail and paste it into new email. Change all the answers so that they apply to you then send this to a whole bunch of people you know *including* the person who sent it to you. Put your name in the subject. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about your friends. It is fun and easy 48 questions to answer. Work with me!
I had to laugh because I AM lame, and if she hadn't included that and the "Work with me!", I'd probably have just read her answers and moved on. Instead, I "gave in and did it." It is a revealing little meme, but not a serious one. Anyone who wants to participate, feel free, and please leave me a link in the comment sections so I can check it out (I'm so nosy).
1. FIRST NAME? Jenny
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Jenny from one grandmother; Claire from the other.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I have never been much of a cryer and would cry more over a book or a movie than in real life. The past year has changed that.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Turkey
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably not a close friend. My friends have always been more outgoing than I am.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes, although since I started blogging, it gets fewer updates.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Uh uh!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kellog's Crunchy Blend Mueslix with raisins, dates, & almonds
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEMOFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? What I lack in strength, I often make up for with determination and agility. I am in pretty good physical condition, but have never had upper body strength.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Homemade vanilla
14. SHOE SIZE? 6
15. FAVORITE COLOR? Red. No, orange. Or red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUTYOURSELF? High anxiety at certain times.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mother.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes, please
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? jeans, brown sandles
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A Quaker Chewey Honey Nut bar
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? HGTV is in the background
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? green
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? basil and rosemary when my dog brushes through them and releases the scent; baking bread
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THEPHONE? Fee, last night (he is in Natchez, but should be back today)
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOUARE ATTRACTED TO? First - friendly expression.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, although our connection is through our blogs, and we will probably never meet in person.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Coke; Margarita on the rocks
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Tai Chi
29. EYE COLOR? blue
30. HAT SIZE? don't know
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Had lasic surgery and now wear reading glasses (All The Time!)
32. FAVORITE FOOD? too many
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? SCARY!
34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter (ours are brief)
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs - I often get "skin hungry" for my children and grandchildren and need that full contact
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? apple cobbler with ice cream
38. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Golden Boy (biography), The Keep, A Map of Glass, and will probably begin The Haunted Hotel today
39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? not a thing
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Didn't watch tv last night
41. FAVORITE SOUNDS? the ocean, wind, rain,
42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles absolutely if that's my only choice (going with Deborah on this) 43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? England and Scotland
44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? uh... I'm a good reader?
45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Ringgold, Louisiana
46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Deborah, the Librarian
47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED? Photoshop and genealogical research
48. ONE THING YOU'D CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF: I'd be less of a procrastinator