Thursday, September 21, 2006

How to Paper Piece a Hogwart's Crest or Quilting Harry Potter

Are you a Quilter and a Harry Potter fan? I found this link to Harry Potter Paper Piecing Patterns :) (tongue twister!) while visiting Sunshower Quilts. You can paper piece the Hogwart's Crest and much more. Katrina has done her own beautiful HP quilt--check it out.

I'm losing momentum on my list. Things have been a bit hectic around here lately, and my schedule frequently disrupted. Yesterday I did manage to work on my latest Halloween quilt - Yea! Hope more progress will be forthcoming today.

Last year, I moved this butterfly plant (not Buddleia davidii) last year after the drought had damaged it. I cut it almost to the ground and transplanted it. Although in the past, it was a beautiful spring and summer bloomer, nothing happened until a couple of days ago.




Last night, I watched (Fee went to sleep, of course) Mrs. Henderson Presents. Dame Judith and Bob Hoskins were wonderful in it. I love anything with Judi Dench, an inspiration in any role. The night before "we" watched Bride and Prejudice which was so much fun, so colorful, so charming.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a link to my site. I see that I am not the only Harry Potter fan who also quilts :)
    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your HP quilt, Katrina, and appreciated the link to the paper piecing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the movie review--I have wanted to see Mrs. Henderson, but wouldn't have thought of Bride and Prejudice. Also enjoyed the "we". My husband doesn't sleep, but he can't sit for a movie, and pops in and out.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed both those films. My husband loves movies. His last choice was Grey Gardens. I found it good but distrubing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, Bride and Prejudice is a silly and fun Bollywood musical take-off on Pride and Prejudice (I'm going to watch the Keira Knightly version this weekend).

    Kim, I wasn't familiar with Grey Gardens, but after some net search, can understand why it was disturbing. Have put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!