1. Scott Wade of San Marcos, Texas creates dirty pictures on the rear windows of cars! In central Texas, caliche dust from dirt roads clings to windshields in a thick film...providing an unconventional canvas.
2. I love NPR and one of my favorite shows (what does this reveal about me?) is Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me - which highlights funny or ridiculous news stories. If I miss the show, I go online and listen later. The other day, I heard this line by Ann Richards, explaining how much fun she had participating on a W,W,DTM segment: "Listen, I just haven't had so much fun since pigs ate my brother." Now, try hearing that line in the exuberant Ann Richards style. I have never heard this expression before and am not completely clear about the meaning, but hearing Ann Richards say those words was enough to make me laugh aloud.
3. I just ordered several books from Amazon.com:
The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
The Woman in Black - Susan Hill
Parnassus on Wheels - Christopher Morley
The Haunted Bookshop - Christopher Morley
4. Weekend Edition Saturday, September 23, 2006 · "As an urban mystery, the Toynbee tiles have fascinated fans of street art for more than 25 years. Tending to be about the size of license plates, the tiles are embedded in the streets of various cities, including New York, Washington, Chicago -- even Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires." (more here) and in Wikipedia.
5. Talked to Erin last night and expect a visit tomorrow from our Baton Rouge contingent. Expect more grandchildren pictures soon!