Wednesday, August 09, 2006

To Do

I'm posting this as a form of commitment.

August To Do List:
  • finish Peony Pavilion - done
  • make labels - done
  • make sleeves - next project
  • make 2 more blocks for baby quilt (have no purpose yet for this, so there is no hurry); also I'm using the Collaborative Quilting "parts" idea of just making blocks of various sizes and assembling later by adding to or cutting down or adding borders, etc.
  • make some hot pads (mine look pretty awful)
  • make quilt sandwich for geometric block quilt top
  • quilt the above
  • make something with Halloween fabric fabrics, I've picked up in the last couple of years (a few fat quarters and half yard pieces)

Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Halloween fabrics. I haven't made a doll in a LONG time, so that is a possibility.

Knowing myself, if I don't make this a priority, Halloween will pass with nothing done.

Suggestions are more than welcome! There are 4 fat quarters and 2 half yard pieces here. Maybe a banner? What would be fun?

Now, I'm off to pick up some pictures, pick up Laddie, go to lunch, and then to Minden to see Aunt Mary. Whew!

5 comments:

  1. If you look at my blog you will see a Xmas quilt I'm doing from an Alex Anderson pattern that she recommends for seasonal fabric. It takes two colors and lights, and is a pretty simple block, Road to California. She says you only need a few seasonal fabrics, and then fill out the blocks with tone on tone or other prints of the appropriate colors. That's something you might think of for your fabric. No matter what block you use, her idea of adding fabrics would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween fabrics. I have that orange one with the black cats too. I'm such a sucker for Halloween. I vote for a banner - something wonky and liberated. Halloween is the perfect time for that kind of wild quilt.

    I'm envious that you've received your copy of Collaborative Quilting - mine hasn't even been shipped yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful talent you have. I don't quilt, but I'm in awe of people who do.

    Plus, I'm not that organized. I'm great with identifying goals but lousy on the execution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun trick or treat bag and/or pillowcase for the beautiful granddaughter?

    I love Halloween fabric and have a baby halloween quilt to bind that I made before I knew I was expecting on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. best regards, nice info »

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!