I waited on pins and needles yesterday, because I thought Erin's doctor was going to induce labor. What she did, however, was a natural means of inducing labor called "stripping the membranes" -- she did not send her to the hospital and give her a labor-inducing drug. So far, this natural method has not worked, and I'm going to go about my normal activities today (with cell phone at ready) and silent prayers to encourage Max's safe arrival.
When the doctor indicated two weeks or so ago that the baby might be early and told Erin to take it easy, rest, and not exert herself, I went on high alert. Maintaining this feeling has become stressful, and the actual due date in not until July 28, so I'm going to try to release the anxiety that has built up and go with the flow. Same advice to you, Erin, my love. And hope the air conditioning is working again!