Thursday, July 06, 2006

of novels and old pictures


So far, I'm having more consistent luck with my reads this month. Three down, and I've enjoyed them all. The best, however, is Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell (reviewed on my book blog). Last month, I read several stinkers, and probably will read some again this month, but so far, I'm pleased.

This is a picture of my uncle, my father, and a family friend taken in 1928. Laddie is in the middle and both Uncle Buddy and Laddie are tow-headed which surprised me. The third little fellow is "Jackie-Boy" Springs.

6 comments:

  1. I almost bought that book but didn't maybe I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do; it really is an involving experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thread of Grace sounds wonderful. I love the old photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you happen to read her previous books??? I read them some years ago and still have them in my head...that is the mark of a wonderful book for me....I am glad to know she has a new book out and will look for it!!! You are a wonderful book reviewer...thanks..Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeuw! A spammer got through and had to be removed.

    Ginger - Thanks! I hope to read her previous books. Her ability to handle multiple characters is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!