Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"roly, poly, little bat-faced girl"


Whenever I look at my bat-face cuphea, I think of the line by Paul Simon. One of my very favorite garden plants; I love the red and purple combination. The flowers are so tiny, but there are always so many, and the plant roots like a dream with no special treatment at all.

Thanks to all of you who gave recommendations about small quilting frames! I appreciate the input and the follow up in email to give more specific advice when I had questions. The project has stalled for lack of time, but hope to get back on track soon.

Although I spent a great deal of money last month (Mac's vet bill was almost my entire monthly income!), I bought no new fabric. (Pats herself on her back, here.) However, May is a new month, and the equilter selection tempted me back into stash enhancement mode. Also something to look forward to...the delivery, the opening of the package, the pleasurable sensation of handling it myself.

Chris returned from Diega Garcia last week, and he and Amelia, Kyle and Rachel attended Jazz Fest to see Paul Simon. Amelia's remark was another Paul Simon quote: "miracles and wonders."

2 comments:

  1. >>May is a new month, and the equilter selection tempted me back into stash enhancement mode. <<

    ...and I bought books on-line today...only two...but I promised I wouldn't...ahhhh...well, as my son says: "what're ya gonna do???"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that flower before. Funky!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!