Friday, February 17, 2006

Quote from DebR

From DebR, I conviscated this wonderful quote:
"Lord! when you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book." ~Christopher Morley

And another of my favorites: "A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese proverb

Deb G. also posted a response on her blog, and like DebR, she included pics of the books.

Have you noticed the tendency for quilters to be readers, gardeners, and cat lovers? If I were drawing a caricature of "the typical quilter," I would certainly include those 3 elements - and stray threads on clothing. :) The many pictures of quilters cats curled up in fabric, stretched out on quilts, hanging over computers, etc. always elicit a grin. Note to self: get a cat. Not. Two dogs are enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,

    Interesting... My Mom is a quilter, cat lover, and book lover. I learned to be a book lover from her, though I have to admit that the cat thing didn't take, and I'm holding the quilt idea in reserve for now. Anyway, I like your site!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!