Friday, January 13, 2006

Miss-Information and Stalling Tactics

Miss Information makes me wonder about my attraction to the library. Who are these characters who attach themselves to the research desk? Miss Information "... does her best not to wonder why that nice middle aged lady wants books on satanic cults and Chinese sexual body language," but curious as a cat, I'd probably ask. I would, however, leave "Penis Guy" strictly alone, avoiding eye contact and surreptitiously following his movements. This blog has become a secret vice, I simply must keep up with the goings-on in Miss Information's library. Rather like waiting for an installment in a Victorian novel...

Another item slashed from the Dreaded/ Delayed list: ordered antichlor from Dharma. I have intended to do this since last summer when I did the discharging of fabric example here using vinegar to stop the bleaching process. Knowing that the effect of vinegar was questionable at best did not stop me because I wanted to try discharging right then and there was no antichlor immediately available. And I had a great deal of fun, planned to order the stuff, but never did.

Whenever the topic of discharging comes up, a light bulb forms over my head: "Order antichlor. It may not be too late for the fabric you've already discharged, and if you want to do more, you want to do it right." Well after a mere 7 months, that neglected item has a slash and a date completed. Online order, so simple, so fast. Do I feel righteous? The feeling almost escapes me because - while I was there - I purchased a Setacolor Sun Printing Kit. And I still haven't used the Dyna-Flow paints purchased months ago. Still, there were so many other things that sounded wonderful, and THEY did not make it into the shopping cart. Righteous, it is!

2 comments:

  1. I just recently bought a Setacolor Soleil kit too, but haven't tried it - I did stop at Joann's on my way home from work tonight though and happened to see the foam paintbrushes my kit recommended, so I have those now - I'm another step along the way. Haven't checked into Dyna-Flow, but the pictures Jen posted on her blog were beautiful. I think I'll have to try it one of these days. I just purchased 20 yd. of pfd from Teresa on the forum, so I'm set to try something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I order paints/supplies with a specific idea in mind and when it arrives I've forgotten what I was going to do.

    I love the discharge example

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!