I have enjoyed all of these books, although some less than I initially hoped. The stars indicate my favorites.
- The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease
- The Next Step in the Dance by Tim Gatreaux
- The Friendship Test by Elizabeth Noble *
- The Clinic by Jonathan Kellerman
- Smoke and Shadows by Tonya Huff
- Breaking Faith by Jo Bannister *
- The Headmaster's Wife by Jane Haddam
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood *
- How to Seduce a Ghost by Hope McIntyre
- Shadow Man by James D. Doss *
- Tears of the Dragon by Holly Baxter
- The Practice of Deceit by Elizabeth Benedict
Time for another trip to the library, and I have 3 books ordered from Amazon.com.
I've been working on Mila's Valentine quilt. I started this last year, and it was my first attempt at an "art quilt." Fee asked why it was so small and encouraged me to make it larger. I did add some borders, but I finally put it away unfinished. Having made several small quilts and wall hanging in the intervening time, the idea of a small quilt for Mila doesn't bother me now - it is a wall hanging, not a comfort quilt.
Here it is now that I've finished all the applique stuff, and before putting together the "sandwich." I'm not crazy about it, but it was my first attempt and has significance for that reason. I learned a lot from it and am still learning as I continue quilting it. When quilting is finished, it goes into the washing machine because for that homey effect. Then I'll see if I want to fold it and put it away to remember what not to do or put a sleeve on and give it to Mila.