I've been working on this challenge for a couple of days, and since the rules are so flexible, I'm liking it. If the rules were rigid, I'd have to start over because there is little resemblance to the original photo. At first, it seemed very difficult, but eventually, I decided on a technique and began experimenting. As previously noted, the freedom allowed in the challenge makes my piece OK. Have finished the design and the quilting now. Decided on backing and shape, but have a few questions about what I want to do next and have put it aside now while I make up my mind. Only one entry is up, and there is still plenty of time left.
Have tried a couple of times to put the Simple Still Life logo on my blog, but when I do, it moves everything else, so I've had to remove it each time.
I've also begun taking some photos for the next phase, in which we create our own photo from which to develop our designs. This aspect is fun as well, and I've got a few more ideas I want to try.
The project for the Quilt Swap has been up on my wall for a good while now. Instead of aiding in my decision making process, the darn thing has become invisible. I tend to completely forget about it.
I'm also involved in the postcard swap hosted by Lisa of Musings of a Procrastinator Extraordinaire and am looking forward to this swap, but have done nothing on this project yet.