Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I just re-did my settings in hopes that I will again be notified when someone comments and chose the date and time option so I can tell when the comment was made (even if I don't receive notification. )

At the park yesterday, I returned The Kite Runner to Nina and gave her the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, which I hope she'll enjoy since she has worked with autistic children. Beth brought The Shadow Divers for me to read (nonfiction about scuba divers who discovered the wreckage of a WWII German U-boat off the coast of New Jersey) and also shared information about DNA profiles in geneology. Thomas commented to the effect that our group has expanded from Tai Chi in the park to Book Swap.

I finished The Fool's Tale by Nicole Galland and am now ready for The Shadow Divers; then the rest of my library books.

Fee had to go to south Louisiana yesterday and decided that he was too close to Baton Rouge to pass up the opportunity to visit with our lovely grandchild.

Have been working on my little quilt sandwiches today, but also setting timer to remind me to move on to other -less pleasant - activities. All that overrated cleaning stuff, to which I allocate as little time as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed curious incident too - the Beloved has Asperger's Syndrome and I have Aspie tendencies (though not a formal diagnosis) - we both wept during the book. It's probably the first time we've read anything that describes our thought processes... weird.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!