Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Drought, projects, books

When did it last rain? Well, even when it did, it was only 1/4 inch. Have been using the soaker hoses in the beds and trying to avoid watering the grass, but sections are turning brown, so the sprinkler is now on.

Worked on 2 pins and a post card size piece. I love working with scraps, but have to wonder what that's all about. Finished the pins; almost done with the other one. As soon as I finish these, I really am going to work on one of the tops. Really.

Best Murder of the Year by Jon P. Bloch arrived yesterday. Described as "Clever, Witty, Campy, and Amusing" by Publishers Weekly, I'm anxious to read it, but I've got 3 books going right now and need to finish these and get them back to the library before we go to Orlando. Also, since it's a paperback, it will be a good one to take with me on the plane. I've read the dedication though:
For Tristan Robin Blakeman
Artist
Director
Actor
Poet
Renaissance Man

You have brought the Renaissance
to my heart and soul.

Wow! What a dedication. Tristan said this was his favorite book, and I can see why. If anyone dedicated a book to me, I'd be thrilled, but a dedication like that would be awesome.

Also received the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon and Natural Impressions by Carolyn A. Dahl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!